Pilates reformers are fantastic pieces of equipment that can be used in a variety of ways to provide a wide range of workouts. With the help of a heavy-duty Pilates reformer, the workout possibilities are endless, and you can add this versatile machine to your fitness routine and get creative with your workouts. In this article, we’ll discuss some innovative workouts that you can do with a heavy-duty Pilates reformer.
- Jumpboard Workout
A jumpboard is an accessory that can be added to your reformer, allowing you to perform a more cardiovascular-based workout. You can start by lying on your back with the jumpboard at the foot of the reformer.
– Place your feet flat on the jumpboard, then jump up and down to work on your cardio fitness.
– The spring resistance on the reformer increases the workout’s intensity, making it an excellent form of low-impact cardio.
- Reformer Tower Workouts
Reformer tower workouts are a great way to take your Pilates workout to the next level. The tower converts your reformer into a vertical climbing machine, allowing you to do a variety of workouts, including:
– The pull-up bar can be used to start your workouts and work on your upper body strength gradually.
– The leg power tower attachment works on your lower body muscles, building strength and toning glutes, hamstrings, and quadriceps.
– The trapeze also provides an excellent range of exercises targeting specific muscle activation exercises.
- Pilates Ring Workouts
Pilates rings also known as the magic circle, are commonly used in yoga or Pilates training. When added to your Pilates reformer program, you can achieve the following benefits:
– Enhancing your core strength
– Adding variety to your exercises
– Strengthening your arms and legs
– Control of body positioning
A heavy-duty Pilates reformer is an excellent piece of equipment that gives you the flexibility to perform a wide range of innovative workouts. From jumpboard workouts to reformer tower exercises and Pilates ring workouts, there are endless possibilities to help you achieve your fitness goals. Whether you’re looking to increase your cardio fitness, tone specific muscle groups, or add some variety to your exercise routine, a Pilates reformer is an excellent choice. Adding a heavy-duty Pilates reformer to your workout routine will enhance your progress and mental satisfaction as you advance through a wide range of exercises.